Michael Mahoney, Consultant
- Mike joined forces with Byrnes Consulting in 2020.
- He loves spending family time with his wife and their three daughters.
- He enjoys traveling, hiking, biking, running and brewing craft beer.
- Recently Mike has been taking bagpipe lessons and learning Irish set dance.
– Business development strategist, management professional and coaching expert.
– Successful consultant that helps individuals and organizations exceed their business objectives.
– Believer in a consultative sales approach and organized territory management process.
– Over 30 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
– Graduate-level education in finance.
Areas of expertise
- Mike is an investment management distribution expert in the financial services industry with over 30 years’ experience.
- His expertise is in building teams, reorganizing teams, and driving efficiency across distribution platforms.
- He has led and cultivated collaboration between marketing, product development, operations, compliance and investments to improve branding, client engagement and profitability.
- Mike has worked at AllianceBernstein, Voya Investment Management (formerly ING) and Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- During his career Mike has held many distribution roles, ranging from internal wholesaler to head of sales.
- When he was an individual contributor, Mike raised billions of dollars, while ranking in the top decile of his peer group. As a distribution leader, Mike’s teams at multiple organizations consistently led firm growth efforts in both sales and retention.
- He has experience in mutual funds, separately managed accounts, alternatives, DCIO, 401(k), 529 and annuities. Mike has covered all channels, including the RIA and Bank Trust markets. He has over a decade’s worth of experience as a national sales manager and channel head. Mike has worked closely with CEO’s, CIO’s, CMO’s and Global Distribution Heads.
- Mike participates in several industry organizations and is currently serving on the Disciplinary Review Panel for the Investments & Wealth Institute.
- Mike graduated with an MBA and BS from Fordham University in New York City.
- He also holds the Series 7, 24, 63 and 66 licenses with FINRA and the CIMA and CPWA designations from the Investments & Wealth Institute.
- Mike volunteers at several community organizations and currently serves as an elected Vice President and Board Member with the Men’s Club of Forest Hills helping to support activities for local youth.
- Mike enjoys supporting the game of tennis as a hospitality volunteer during the US Open Tennis tournament.
- He was an active volunteer for a 10-year period while his daughters preformed with a nationally recognized high school marching band chaperoning events such as the Presidential Inauguration Parade and the Hollywood Santa Parade.