Michael W. Byrnes, Jr., National Speaker, Founder, President and Consultant
- Mike founded Byrnes Consulting, LLC in April 2008 with a dream of helping businesses become more successful.
- He loves spending family time with his wonderful daughter and son, including coaching baseball and soccer.
- He has a strong commitment to give back to the community.
– Energetic speaker that has educated and motivated thousands of financial advisors all over the United States.
– Successful consultant with a passion for helping others surpass their business goals.
– Proven thought leader, published more than 350 times in recent years.
– Over 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
– Graduate-level education in marketing management.
Areas of expertise
- Mike’s expertise is in business planning, marketing strategy, business development, client service and management effectiveness, along with several other areas.
- Mike specializes in helping businesses grow by utilizing the right mix of PR, social media, websites, sales, events, advertising, direct mail, emails, marketing collateral and research.
- As a recognized industry thought leader, Mike has been asked to give presentations to businesses across the United States by large corporations [e.g Barron’s, Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Scottrade, LPL Financial, Raymond James, Cambridge Investment Research, Cetera Advisors, Waddell & Reed, Janney Montgomery Scott, Cantella, Pershing, KMS Financial Services, Citizen’s Bank, Sovereign Bank and Amica Insurance] and associations [e.g. Financial Planning Association (FPA), Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA), National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), Financial Services Institute (FSI), Institute for Preparing Heirs, Life Insurance and Market Research Association (LIMRA) and Bank & Trust Summit.]
- Mike has been published over 350 times by over 30 publishers in recent years by Financial Advisor, Private Wealth, Barron’s, Financial Planning, On Wall Street, Bank Investment Consultant, The Wall Street Journal, RIABiz, Forbes, InvestmentNews, 401k Specialist, ThinkAdvisor, AdvisorOne, RIA Central, Plan Advisor, FPA’s Journal of Financial Planning, FPA’s Practice Management Solutions Magazine, NAPFA Advisor Magazine, IMCA’s Investment & Wealth Monitor, Reuters, CFA Institute’s Private Wealth Management Newsletter, Registered Rep. (Rep.), WealthManagement.com, Financial IQ (a Financial Times service), Advisor Perspectives, The Trust Advisor, Senior Market Advisor, Horsesmouth, Transitions, Website Magazine, BusinessNewsDaily, Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post and CNBC.
- Mike has been seen as an expert guest on Wall Street Journal’s Broker’s World videos, AdvisorTV, RepTV and PACTV, and heard on WXTK 95.1, the Horsesmouth AdvisorRADIO program and 980 WCAP’s morning show.
- He gives presentations, workshops, webinars and 1-on-1 consultations to advisors across the country, hired by a wide range of organizations, from large Fortune 500 companies down to small sole proprietors.
- In 2018, he was selected by the Financial Planning Association to take part in the Coaches Corner to help financial planners with business growth strategies. He was asked to continue to help financial planners again in 2019.
- He previously worked at Commonwealth Financial Network, Liberty Mutual, Fidelity Investments, Pioneer Investments, IXIS Advisors Group (formerly New England Funds, now Natixis) and Mellon Financial Corporation (formerly The Boston Company now BNY Mellon).
- Mike began his financial service marketing experience in 1992.
- Mike graduated from Boston College’s Wallace E. Carroll Graduate School of Management, gaining his MBA in 2000.
- He also graduated from Saint Michael’s College, earning a BS in Business Administration in 1992.
- Mike has sat on several nonprofit boards and since 2010 has served as a volunteer consultant through Executive Service Corps of New England where he helped hundreds of charities. Mike was a recipient of the “Above and Beyond Award” in both 2010 and 2011 and was honored to receive the 2013 Edmund V. Marshall Outstanding Project of the Year Award.
- He is a boys baseball coach (2016-present.)
- He is a girls soccer coach (2014-present.)
- He is a boys soccer coach (2016-present.)
- He was a member of the St. Mike’s 25th reunion committee.
- He was a Chair of the 2014 St. Joseph Parish Golf Outing and Fundraiser.
- He was a Chair of the St. Mike’s 20th reunion.