Social media experiences shared by financial service leaders
Learn what was shared at the SIFMA social media seminar. The topics ranged from online best practices to a peek into the state of the financial services industry and how social networks are being used.
Read Mike Byrnes’ Financial Advisor article to get an update on what large financial service firms, along with Hearsay Social, LinkedIn and Twitter, are doing around online marketing.
Here are eight themes of what the panelists shared:
- Avoid Becoming a commodity
- Educate leaders and create ambassadors
- Focus on the best times to earn awareness
- Create metrics to improve content
- Focus on engagement
- Use influencers to expand reach
- Be in the moment
- Build NextGen relationships with content
Need help improving your social media strategy? Contact Byrnes Consulting for more information. It has been one of our specialties since 2008.
Note: Read a version of this article that was originally posted in 2016.