Every organization should define its core values
Advice on defining an organization’s core values:
- They are the foundation for the mission.
- They should help a business reach its strategic goals.
- They should be stated for the long term.
- These values can be differentiators for your business.
- They shouldn’t just be thoughts. The values should be put into practice each day. If the values are not the backbone of the organization, they should be revised.
- If the values are communicated from the top down, they can help define the company’s culture.
- They can be barometers of how employees are compensated.
- The business plan should include management support and reinforcement of the core values on a routine basis.